This post has been long overdue. I decided that today is the day I’m doing it, so here goes! 🙂
I used to love blogging, and then I stopped for a long time. And then my darling daughter inspired me to try again, and I’m loving it! I’ve ‘met’ some wonderful new friends on this site, and I always look forward to the new posts to see what is happening in their lives, or what they are doing and thinking and aspiring to.
Over the more or less two and a half months that I’ve been blogging again, I’ve been nominated for awards a few times. I have not responded to most of them yet. The reason being that I’m relatively new to this, I don’t follow a huge amount of blogs so it is difficult for me to nominate 7/15-20/? people at a time. I also haven’t had a huge amount of time lately to even just read all of the new posts, let alone try and nominate a select few of my friends.
So, I’m going to bend all the rules a bit. I’m sorry, I don’t think that I’m too important to play by the rules, but I do want to respond and this is the only way I can.
Firstly, thank you so very much to the people that have nominated me for awards, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! I certainly did not expect to be nominated, and to be honest I’m thrilled that you enjoy my musings enough to want to nominate me. 🙂
Secondly, I am not going to nominate the requisite amount of people for the awards, but only the one or two that I feel ‘fits the bill’ for the specific award.
Thirdly, I’m only once going to tell you 7 things you probably don’t know about me yet. Here goes:
1. I love watching sport on TV. My favourite sport to watch is rugby – I can get really excited when watching a game!
2. I don’t have ‘favourites’. You know, as in ‘ my favourite drink’, or ‘my favourite food’, or ‘my favourite colour’. It all depends on my mood and circumstances. Sometimes I love having a cup of tea, other times there is nothing nicer than a glass of wine. Sometimes I can’t get enough pizza, other times a home cooked meal really does it for me. I love wearing black or white, and sometimes I feel good when I’m wearing my bright pink t-shirt. I love natural colours for decorating my house, but love splashes of bright colours too.
3. I am not an animal (pet) lover. We’ve always had dogs, but I’ve never been very hands-on with them – I left that to my ex and the kids to do. I abhor people mistreating animals, and I will never neglect our pets, but I don’t like them inside the house, and I don’t spend time petting and loving them. (Oops, have I raised some eyebrows with this comment?)
4. I love music.
5. I love reading. Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to do that anymore, and blogging has taken up a lot of my reading time lately (but that also counts as reading, doesn’t it? 😉 ), but I have read from a very early age, and I’ve got a big selection of Enid Blyton’s that I’m saving for the grand children that I’m hoping to have one day.
6. I don’t make friends easily. I’ve never had huge amounts of friends in my life. It takes me some time to get to know people, and to get comfortable with them, and so I have only a few friends, but they are VERY important to me.
7. I hate dirty hands! I don’t mind getting them dirty when working or gardening, but I need to wash them often. Even when I’m not working, I wash my hands quite often because I don’t like the feeling of dusty, sticky hands. (Does that mean that I’ve got OCD?)
Now I need to thank specific people, and provide links to their sites, and I have to confess that I’ve no idea how to do that, but I’m going to give it a try.
THANK YOU to:
Leanne Cole’s Blog for nominating me for the Sunshine Award, a Thank You Award that she has been so creative and thoughtful to create herself, and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Leanne, thank you for the nominations, and I’m so sorry for taking so long to respond. I love your posts, and I absolutely LOVE your stunning photographs.
May Dayao for nominating me for the Versatile Bloggers Award. Once again May, I’m sorry for taking so long to respond. I love your blog and travelling with you! 🙂 (You are very scarce lately?)
Bird for nominating me for the Green Versatile Blogger’s Award. I think you are an excellent writer and I always look forward to reading your stories, and I love the fact that you are so open and honest about your life and experiences.
Judy: for nominating me quite some time ago for the Hug Award. I’ve thanked her then, but I didn’t thank her in my blog with a link, so I’m doing it properly this time. I love that you are always positive, and your blogs are interesting and beautiful!
I’ve written and re-written this part of the post, changing my mind all the time, as to how I’ll be able to manage this without feeling I’ve let anybody down.
In the end I’ve decided to pass each award on to one other person, and I’ll hope you’ll forgive me for this.
And now, for the 100th time, I have to try and re-write this last paragraph, because Murphy decided to pop up again… I wrote the last paragraph, (perfectly, of course!) and then the changes didn’t want to save, and I lost it.
I’ve been trying to finish this since yesterday morning, and now it is the evening of the 2nd day. It is difficult for me, as you’ve probably gathered by now.
And now, finally I’ve decided that I’m not going to nominate any one/2/3 persons for any specific award, because all my blog friends mean something to me. Some make me laugh, some are always there to support and encourage, some inspire me, sometimes one of you blow me away with your wit, or a stunning photograph. I love all the blogs I follow, and I enjoy communicating with you in my way, and that is enough for me. Hope you’ll forgive me for that.
Until we chat again, be blessed. 🙂