Cheers! We are creeping closer to Christmas day, and shortly after that, the end of this year.
We do Christmas softly and quietly, and New Year the same, maybe even more so. Weirdly enough, we do not have specific traditions at Christmas time, we sort of go with the flow. I do not do resolutions, ever. Not at New Year’s in any case. I often decide to change things, in my house, in my life – but that happens whenever I need to do it throughout the year.
I came across this post I did on Instagram nearly year ago, and it really shocked me. How is it that what I (we) felt about last year, we are feeling this year – x10!!!! I had forgotten all about it… :
I know, right!!! We thought 2019 was bad! I cannot even remember why… What I do know, is that it fades in comparison to what 2020 brought us.
There must be a lesson in that, surely?
- Be happy with what you’ve got now, because you don’t know what’s coming.
- Live every day as if it’s your last.
- Live in the moment.
- Appreciate the little things in life.
- …and really be thankful for everything you’ve got.
- Never make any assumptions re the future.
- You can make plans until you are blue in the face, that doesn’t mean it will come to fruition. “Life is what happens while you’re making other plans.“
- Show and tell people close to you that you love them.
I will most definitely approach 2021 with a lot more caution, and a good deal of trepidation. I will let go of 2020 gladly but respectfully. I will absolutely NOT assume next year is going to be any better, but one can surely hope…